VITL has discontinued its preferred partner program.
To give Vermont health care providers recommendations for vendors to consider, VITL has launched a Preferred Partners Program. Each of the vendors listed on this page has submitted an application and been screened against a set of criteria (see below). Vendors who have applied and met all the published criteria are listed on this page.
Click to jump to:
VITL, as a regional extension center, will work with practices using any certified EHR that meets the interoperability standards for the Vermont Health Information Exchange. However, VITL does recommend that practices consider EHRs from one of our Preferred EHR Partners, listed below. The Preferred EHR Partner designation means:
- The EHR is federally certified and the vendor has agreed to maintain certification;
- The vendor has agreed that its EHR will include any functionality necessary to achieve meaningful use, now and in the future;
- The vendor has successfully participated in the IHE Connectathon and provided VITL with a IHE Integration Statement;
- The vendor has completed VITL's Interoperability Survey;
- Interfaces for the Vermont Health Information Exchange are included in the base price;
- A single project manager has been designated to work with Vermont practices;
- The vendor is staffed to begin implementation within 30 days of signing a contract;
- Pricing has been provided to VITL and the vendor has agreed that it can be shared with practices for cost comparison;
- The vendor is offering a standard contract for Vermont physician practices.
athenahealth Recorded Demo
Greenway Recorded Demo
McKesson Practice Partner Recorded Demo
- Agreed to provide discount pricing to Vermont physician practices;
- Extensive experience working with small physician practices;
- The ability to provide a thorough technical assessment of a practice’s current status;
- Demonstrated the ability to purchase, configure and implement all aspects of hardware required for EHR deployment (other than the work that an EHR vendor normally performs);
- Completed VITL's Network Security Checklist
|Competitive Computing (C2)
|DominionTech Computer Services
- Provided VITL with their areas of expertise, such as change management, clinical transformation, project management, and interface development;
- Identifyied individuals by name with the expertise and provided resumes;
- Five years or more years of organizational expertise;
- Active professional liability coverage (E&O);
- Stated they are willing to comply with documents specifying confidentiality, security, privacy, etc. (e.g., HIPAA Business Associate Agreement, Non-Disclosure);
- Agreed to create a scope of work for each engagement, specifying costs, timeframe, and deliverables;
- Stated they are vendor agnostic (able to work with multiple hardware and software vendors) and will not bias the EHR selection process; and
- Agreed to provide discounted pricing to Vermont practices.